Friday, March 25, 2011


Welcome back to the couch everyone. It's been 8 months since my last post. We are a little less than a month away from our first child and are very excited. March 22 was my moms birthday and we have had a Bon Jovi concert in our sights since December. Being 3 to 4 weeks away from Krissy's due date I thought it best that she stay home. She was pretty bummed but agreed that it was probably for the best. March 22, 8:00 Bon Jovi takes the stage. Opened with their hit song Blood on Blood. Didn't stop rockin until almost 11:00. It was one of the greastest performances I have ever watched. I pulled my phone out around 9:00 to get some pictures and found that my battery had totally died. After a long walk back to the hotel I plugged my phone in to make sure it was charged for me in the morning. I turned it on to see if any one had messaged me. My phone went into frenzy of missed calls and text messages. Krissy's water had broken around 9:30 and had been trying to get a hold of me! It was the very early stages of labor and they estimated her giving birth in the afternoon on Wednesday. I decided to leave for home anyway knowing I couldn't sleep knowing Krissy was going through this 160 miles away.


My Angel

Heather, Krissy's best friend to the rescue. When Krissy could not get a hold of myself or my mom she turned to Heather. Krissy's mom being more than 2 hours away was little more help than I so Heather came over to assess the situation. Heather brought Krissy to the hospital and never left Krissy's side until I and our midwife arrived at 3:00 A.M. Heather coached Krissy to about 5 cm like a pro! I owe more to Heather than I could possibly give. She was there when I could not be and did a better job then I could have anyway. Heather having to work in 3 hours went home to a sick husband to try and get some sleep and awaited word from me.


WITHOUT so much as an Advil to help her with the pain of labor Krissy gave birth to Payton Lynn Iwakiri at 4:43 A.M Wednesday morning. Being only 36 weeks along Payton still weighed in at a healthy 6 lb 8 oz and was 20 inches long. We are all home now and Payton and mom are doing fantastic. Krissy's recovery is like nothing I have seen before. Krissy is already back to her normal self, it's like she never even went through labor! Payton is feeding and sleeping and most of all letting mom and dad sleep so I honestly could not be any happier! Praise God for everything he has done for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment