Wednesday, May 6, 2009

STUMPEN


So I recently decided to attempt to put in a sprinkler system in my back yard. However, do spoil my wonderful plan lay the remains of a peach tree. Thats right a STUMP!!! We'll call it a stump because thats what everyone seems to be calling them these days. For the past 4 days this stump has been the bane of my exsistance. I hate very few things but I really hate this stump. The peach tree that once stood 5 years ago was not very big so I got a bid from a contractor to remove the stump. $300, are you kidding me I was not about stoop that low and pay someone that kind of money. So like a good 1/2 Asian late Sunday afternoon I grabbed a shovel and went to work. Between rocks and roots it took me about 2 hours of tough Japaneese labor to reveal about 5 decent sized roots. I thought to myself "this will all be over tomorrow" so Monday I grabbed an axe and went to work. Chop Chop Chop Chop Chop Chop Chop Chop Chop Chop Chop ChopChop Chop Chop Chop Chop ChopChop Chop Chop Chop Chop ChopChop Chop Chop Chop Chop ChopChop Chop Chop Chop Chop ChopChop Chop Chop Chop Chop ChopChop Chop Chop Chop Chop ChopChop Chop Chop Chop Chop ChopChop Chop Chop Chop Chop ChopChop Chop Chop Chop Chop ChopChop Chop Chop Chop Chop ChopChop Chop Chop Chop Chop ChopChop Chop Chop Chop Chop ChopChop Chop Chop Chop Chop ChopChop Chop Chop Chop Chop ChopChop Chop Chop Chop Chop ChopChop Chop Chop Chop Chop ChopChop Chop Chop Chop Chop ChopChop Chop Chop Chop Chop Chop. Another 3 hours later on a wet Monday evening after a long day of work all of the roots were chopped. Ha Ha I said this stump will be no more I just need to pull it out. "Ha Ha" The stump said to me as I tried furiously to pull the rootless stump out. Nothing, I called it a night when it started getting dark. Yesterday, Tuesday evening after an 8 hour shift at work I decided to borrow a chainsaw "ha ha" I thought to myself this is it for the stump. As the POS chainsaw sunks its teeth into the stump I heard the poor stump cry out in pain. Little did I know the STUMP had sarcasm. I didn't get 2 inches into the stump when the chainsaw started smoking and cutting out. The Chainsaw and myself once more were defeated. I was not going to waste another night on this stump. I put the saw away and went inside and watched IDOL. I lost sleep last night do to wondering how I will defeat the stump

2 comments:

  1. There's nothing like an annoying stump!! I will still talk to my husband about his "manly chainsaw" if you want me to!!

    Don't let the Stump defeat you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA HA!!! ty you are priceless! this is such an awesome post. i absolutely love it. i have never personally encountered a stubborn stump, in fact i havent encountered a stump now that i think of it. i've seen them, but i've never had to wrestle with them. thank god cuz i've heard they are tough little buggers. im sure my day will come when i have to though. maybe soon after i get my own house. . . i will be callin you up to come teach any stumps i may find a good lesson. k? k. well good luck with the remains of the stump i hope it gets defeated!!! keep us "inflated" on how everything goes.

    ReplyDelete